Since then, this revolutionary technology has been used as an effective open-source application programming interface (API) to breathe life into some of the most influential applications, from chatbots to generative AI.
Its successor, launched in March 2023, was surrounded by immense hype about how it could transform the entire face of technology. Aptly named Generative Pre-trained Transformer 4 (GPT-4) this game-changing large language model (LLM) has shown immense promise yet offered only glimpses of its full potential.
As the year progresses and the waitlist shortens, more and more applications are adopting this latest version of the software as their chosen platform. However, it is writing tools that are embracing this new technology with open arms, thanks to its natural language processing technology. Come with us as we look at the best GPT-4 powered copywriting tools rewriting the narrative on content creation.
What is new with GPT-4?
When Apple or Samsung launch the next numerical iteration of their much-lauded mobile devices, users expect revolutionary changes from the previous model.
Does OpenAI’s GPT-4 live up to this lofty precedent? In short, yes. This incredible language model improves almost every aspect of its predecessor, GPT-3.5.
Listed below are the key differences and advancements that this version provides:
- Parameters: GPT-4 has 100 trillion parameters within its complex deep-learning neural network, allowing it to generate more accurate text. This completely dwarfs GPT-3’s comparatively minuscule 175 billion.
- Factual performance: This AI model has scored over 40% higher than GPT-3 on factual performance, making it less prone to error or providing false information.
- Steerable: Users can ‘steer’ the artificial intelligence into writing different styles, tones, and voices.
- Image input: Rather than just using textual inputs, this model allows users to upload images to generate outputs.
- Multilingual: This remarkable algorithm is able to generate and understand a multitude of regional dialects as well as over 50 languages.
- Tokens: GPT-4 can generate a maximum of 32,768 tokens, equal to 24,000 words. This means this software can produce over fifty pages of content compared to GPT-3.5’s six. See the table for even more information.
- Training data: There is over 45 GB of training data fueling GPT-4 compared to GPT-3’s 17 GB.
|Number of English words
|Number of pages
The following statistics highlight how Writee can optimize content creation workflows for any business:
- Generates more than 170,000 words generated in one month.
- It can decrease the writing time of content by over 104%.
- Increases client satisfaction by over 82%.
Writers can use this platform for writing documents with real-time suggestions about improving their content. To do this, simply follow these easy steps.
- Sign up for the app at the official website.
- On the landing page, head to the ‘my documents’ section.
- Click the ‘new document’ button.
- Start to write your document as usual.
- Hit Shift+Tab to see Writee’s suggestions
This impressive app is the Swiss army knife of writing tools featuring over 25 programs that utilize a sophisticated combination of machine learning and natural language processing to generate high-quality content.
We decided to get hands-on with this diverse setup and have selected some of the best tools that can be seen below.
The first tool of note is the email generator, which provides an incredibly simplistic user experience that makes crafting that perfect email unbelievably easy.
First of all, users must provide an in-depth description of the contents of the desired email in the relevant text box. This incredible email marketing tool also allows writers to customize their tone of voice by inserting descriptive words, such as: professional, witty, intellectual, and friendly.
Hit the ‘brew magic’ button to generate your fully editable email, which can be viewed in the right-hand field titled ‘your results’.
We asked the model to create a witty and conversational email asking a potential client to try our hair loss lotion. Check out the results from our prompt below.
Explain like I’m 5
This remarkable tool is able to summarize complex ideas into bite-size chunks that five-year-olds can understand..
The process is incredibly straightforward; a user can type or copy and paste a complex piece of prose into the ‘enter your content to simplify it’ box. The simplified response is then shown in the ‘your results’ section.
We decided to test this software out and asked it to simplify the process of nuclear fission. This is no mean feat, as this scientific principle is incredibly complex and challenging to understand.
As a young parent, I conveniently have a five-year-old on hand who is the perfect audience for this particular tool.
The results are in, and it is safe to say that my child will not become a nuclear physicist in the coming years. Despite the subject matter being undeniably simplified, it remained too much for a young person to comprehend; this was mainly due to this explanation constantly introducing complicated terminology, such as radiation, atoms, uranium, and neutrons, that required further insight to understand.
LinkedIn Ad Generator
This brilliant social media tool allows users to generate attention-grabbing LinkedIn ads guaranteed to captivate your target audience.
When generating an ad, there are countless settings to customize the output, including:
- Ad type: Select from three different types of ad: sponsored post, in-mail, and text.
- Post description: Type what the advert is about in the text box.
- Target audience: Input the key demographics that you wish to reach.
- Word limit: Select how long you wish your advert to be.
- Tone: Describe the desired tone and voice of the advert.
We used the above settings as our prompt and generated the following output, which unfortunately felt rather generic and more like a basic template as it lacked any personality.
The pricing for this AI tool is incredibly reasonable and can be seen in the table below.
|Monthly cost(per month)
|Yearly cost(per month)
50 words learning
200 words learning
Recording of tool history
2. Longshot AI
Longshot AI is an incredibly diverse multi-functional tool, also available as a Chrome extension, allowing users to create high-quality content in seconds.
This remarkable technology is used by over 50,000 content creators, including writers from such leading brands as Google, AmazonKindle, AOL, Volvo, and Huawei.
But why do so many brands choose to use Longshot AI? The official website describes four key benefits that separate the app from its competition:
- Fresh content: While most models are only trained on information pre-2021, Longshot AI is able to generate content about current events,
- SEO: An in-built semantic SEO feature that scores your content and compares it to the competition.
- Templates: Create and share high-quality, customizable templates.
- Factual: Longshot AI is an incredible fact checker and will provide links to authoritative websites to support any claims.
This fabulous tool allows you to create perfect product descriptions guaranteed to make your target customer hit that ‘buy it now’ button.
To create an optimized advertisement, a user must enter the name of their product and describe some of the key features, separated by commas. It is also possible to select the language that this description is generated in, including:
This fantastic feature allows users to pitch products to international customers without being flawlessly fluent in other languages.
We asked Longshot AI to generate a product description for the following design brief:
Title: Smart Planner
Features: Syncs with your mobile phone and computer, manages your schedule from your devices, sets reminders for important dates, access important information on the go, mobile app available on IOS and Android.
We were certainly impressed with the quality of the persuasive writing on display, the description is most definitely a powerful selling tool.
However, the length of this content is confusingly long-form, which detracts from the immediate impact of the piece and could lose the attention of potential customers.
If you ever need further guidance about using a particular feature, click the ‘learn how to use this feature’ button for a handy tutorial.
While there are countless wonderful features available to users, we have selected a few that truly stood out to us during our time with the tool.
This feature allows users to generate incredible SEO copy that employs numerous copywriting techniques to reach your target audience.
The user must select a language for the content to be generated in, as well as a topic and product keywords. This feature allows users to choose from four different formats of marketing content, including:
- AIDA: Awareness, Interest, Desire, Action
- BAB: Before-After-Bridge
- FAB: Features, Advantages, Benefits
- PAS: Problem, Agitate, Solution
There is also a box called ‘SERP Aware,’ which, when ticked, will analyze real-time results to assess the most relevant and recent information about this topic.
The algorithm generated multiple examples of high-quality marketing copy, however, we do find these outputs to be rather generic. There is little innovation or creativity to really make these options stand out to the target audience, which could be a costly mistake in more crowded industries.
The pricing for this tool is incredibly flexible, meaning that there is sure to be a plan ideal for your needs.
|Monthly cost(per month)
|Yearly cost(per month)
|2000 monthly credits
Advanced AI models like GPT4, ChatGPT (16k), Claude
Unlimited projects & docs
|Everything in Pro
10,000 monthly credits
Collaboration with team members
|Everything in Team
Custom credits & users
Custom AI development
Writesonic is a powerful AI tool that promises to get your blog post ranking number one on Google. This is quite a claim, especially for AI generated content creation.
It’s got a sleek user interface which encourages its users to input as much useful data as possible so the AI can generate relevant and high quality content for you. To make it as effective as possible, input your:
- Brand guidelines
- Your best performing content
- Company data
- Trending keywords in your industry
These are just a few examples, but you can input anything you think will help.
When it comes to the content creation, Writesonic can produce over 90 different types of content, making it a one-stop shop for all businesses.
Some examples of the types of content it can create include:
- Product descriptions
- Full articles
- Case studies
- Blog topic ideas
- Blog outlines
All of these features are attractive, but it’s the built in integrations that make the article writer the most attractive. By integrating other software like Semrush and Surfer SEO, it provides the user with plenty of opportunities to optimize the article for a specific keyword.
This is the key to promising the article will rank!
Compared to ChatGPT, Writesonic pulls in data from Google in real time. This means that you’ll never have to edit out-of-date content or worry about relevancy. It’ll always produce factual responses.
Now, Writesonic goes one step further and adds in links throughout your generated content to show you where the AI got the information. This makes fact checking simple and easy, speeding up the editing process and freeing up your team to tackle a high volume content plan.
This also makes reporting on breaking news and staying on top of trending topics super easy. You’ll never miss a beat again.
While the writing tools are at the heart of Writesonic, a paid plan comes with a lot of other useful features. These include:
- Chatsonic: Chatsonic is Writesonic’s answer to ChatGPT, with a focus on content creation. Unlike ChatGPT, it isn’t limited to a time period because of it’s Google search integration. It can help out with pretty much anything, from marketing and research to customer support.
- Botsonic: This is an AI chatbot developed to help your business with its customer support. They can be trained on your data, without code, and are multilingual.
- Audiosonic: As content creators, we know how important repurposing good content is. Writesonic picked up on this and created Audiosonic, a realistic text-to-speech tool. It allows users to generate great voice-over content that can be used for marketing, podcasts, education, and more.
This AI writing tool offers four different pricing plans, making it an accessible option for businesses of all sizes.
Whether you’re a freelancer, a hobbyist, or big corporation, there’s a plan for you. Check out the break down below.
What other types of apps use GPT-4?
We have spent this blog focusing on the very best GPT-4 AI writing tools; however, it is important to note that this incredible language model has powered countless other types of apps with multiple use cases. Here are some of our picks of the most amazing tools currently using GPT-4.
GPT-5, 6, and onwards
As OpenAI’s incredible technology continues to evolve and become more advanced, what could we expect from future iterations of GPT?
We asked the undeniable expert on the subject, the current generation of ChatGPT. It highlighted the following areas of possible improvement:
- Enhanced language understanding
- Improved audio and visual capabilities
- Expanded knowledge base
- Long-term memory of previous interactions
- Personalization and user adaptation
- Increased user control over outputs
- Removal of biases
- Improved creativity
- Commonsense reasoning
So, next time you want to give your blog post a spruce, consider using AI tools for writing. It will revolutionize your content creation process!
But don’t worry. AI tools won’t and GPT 4 won’t replace human writers. It’s best to think of these tools as an AI writing assistant, rather than relying on it completely for creating content.
While they may be able to write articles, replicate your brand voice to perfection, and sometimes even create custom images, nothing can beat the human touch. When we write content, even just a simple blog post, we tell a story. And that’s what your readers will enjoy!
No matter what the future of GPT holds, you can find the most up-to-date information about this remarkable artificial intelligence application at the Top Apps blog.